Today, as we know, brain diseases and disorders such as severe and chronicle headache, sleep disorders, depression, brain tumors, dementia and vascular brain diseases, etc. severely threaten our health and quality of life. Unfortunately, Western medical treatments for these diseases are still limited, but Classical Chinese Medicine (CCM) can offer hope.
According to Classical Chinese Medicine, the brain is one of the most important extra Fu in the body. It strongly involves the Jing, Qi, and Shen of all Zang Fu and the meridians. All meridians connect into the brain at the end and it also has the most blood Luo Mai. As palace of Shen (spirit), it governs the function of the 5 Shen (5 life programs) of the 5 Zang and 6 Fu. Therefore, as in Western medicine, brain diseases in CCM are one of the more complex but important issues. In the CCM classic the Huang Di Nei Jing, many chapters describe brain diseases and their etiologies and pathological mechanisms.
In this lecture,we will focus on how to practice CCM to treat these complex diseases. The following main issues will be addressed:
- Introduction of the related theories of pathological mechanisms of brain diseases and basic knowledge of Western medical treatments.
- Discussion of the pathological mechanisms of brain diseases in detail.
- Discussion of pulse diagnosis for brain diseases:these classical pulses are based on the Huang Di Nei Jing, Jia Yi Jing, Nan Jing and Shang Han Za Bing Lun. How to apply pulse diagnoses for acupuncture and herbal treatments will be introduced.
- Ling Shu Jing acupuncture: will focus on Ling Shu Jing acupuncture strategies, such as using 5 Shu points and special points for treating Brain Diseases. Ling Shu Jing needling methods and point combination methods will be discussed.
- The method of ‘Three points-combination to resolve all kinds of severe and complex headaches’ will be introduced.
- Ling Shu Jing acupuncture for treatment of sleep disorders, emotional and mental disorders will be discussed.
- Jing Fang (Zhang Zhong Jing’s herbal formulas) for the treatment of brain diseases: How to apply classical herbal formulas, particularly the formulas from the Shang Han Lun and Jin Gui Yao Lue to treat modern complex brain diseases, such as brain tumors and dementia etc. will be demonstrated and explained.
- A study of related clinical cases will be demonstrated.
Since we offer webinars in different languages from speakers with different accents, we encourage people to listen to the speaker first to make sure that that you can understand them well.
Click here to watch a short interview with Dr Li Jie on YouTube